The ES8000 Glass door bracket is fixed to the glass by means of 3M self adhesive tape. This type of fixing gives a great aesthetic appearance as well as easy installation.
Note: Two brackets are required if there is a glass header, also it’s important to note that the bracket/s should always be installed at the secure side of the door.
NOTES ON THE 3M SELF ADHESIVE TAPE
As per the 3M published data and given the surface area of the V-Lock glass door housing (around 20 sqin), this equates to around 900kg holding force under laboratory conditions. The actual shatter point of glass varies from door to door depending on the condition of the glass, (scratches, chips etc). But any attempt to leverage a glass door beyond 500kg will more than likely shatter it.
- Self adhesive holding force 900kg
- Includes dress plate for opposite side of door
- Frameless glass doors with Solid header frame
- Frameless glass doors with frameless glass header (two brackets required)
- 90° and 180° single and double swing glass doors
- Other surface applications for timber doors.